Attorney Craig T. Formica, CA
San Bernardino to Orange County, to Los Angeles
I’ve handled over 4,000 cases, with most of them being your typical auto v auto accidents. However, below are some interesting cases that stick out. Unfortunately, because of confidentially agreements on some of the settlements, I can’t go into detail.
- We recently obtained a $2,000,000.00, settlement on a complicated case that had been turned down by numerous other law firms and where the defendant’s insurance company denied the case and offered $0.
- A 27 year-old woman was crossing the street and was struck by a car, whose driver claimed she was jaywalking. The woman suffered a broken arm and injured lower back. The driver’s insurance company attempted to blame her but offered her $30,000. On the day of trial, the insurance company offered $150,000. We won a jury award of $1.254 million.
- A 23 year-old man rear-ended a semi-truck and died from his injuries. The man's family hired an attorney who advised them to settle for $100,000, because the young man was also responsible for the accident. Taking over the case, we negotiated a settlement of $750,000 within 6 months.
- A 42 year-old female driver ran out of gas on the freeway and was rear-ended by a semi-truck. We were able to negotiate a settlement of $470,000.00, without filing a lawsuit.
- A 19 year-old female driver was T-Boned by another vehicle when she entered the intersection. Both drivers claimed they had a green light, and there were no witnesses. It was a “She Said—He Said” kind of case. We sued the defendant and won $60,000.00, in trial.
- A little boy trespassed into a gated quarry and became stuck on a ledge surrounded by coyotes. His father ran into the quarry to rescue his son and fell down into the quarry injuring himself. The defendant’s insurance company denied the claim. However, we filed a lawsuit and negotiated a settlement for $150,000.00, a few weeks before trial.
- A woman lost control of her car on the freeway and rammed into the concrete highway divider head-on. As a result, she suffered severe facial injuries. We sued the car manufacturer for a failed airbag and negotiated a substantial settlement weeks before trial.
- A 46 year-old man walked across a residential street without looking and was struck by a car. We sued the driver of the car and the concrete company who’s cement truck was illegally parked in the street, and were able to negotiate a settlement of $300,000.00, before trial.
For a free consultation, call attorney Craig T. Formica today at 909.599.7000, or browse our website to learn more about services offered. If you have any other questions or comments, please contact us.